Boys Basketball Grades 5 & 6 Quabbin and Skills League
Quabbin Valley League
The philosophy of the league is to teach fair play, good sportsmanship and improve skills of each individual.
- Play hoop two to three days a week!
- Teams travel to towns such as South Hadley, Belchertown, Ludlow, Chicopee, Granby, Monson, Palmer, and others. We will practice and play home games in Northampton. Teams will practice and play two to three times a week.
- Teams will play at least 12 games, with “stop time” rules. Practices start in November, games are late December through February, with playoffs in March.
- This league/program replaces the in-town only league Parks & Rec previously offered.
- All players receive a reversible basketball team shirt, and play in every game.
- Teams are officiated by certified officials, or if not available it is an adult official.
- Players use an intermediate sized basketball (28.5") and a 10 foot hoop.
- Residents of Northampton, Florence, Leeds have priority until October 26. Non-residents registering after that date must attend school in Northampton, or must not have a Quabbin League team in their town of residence.
- Registrations for the Quabbin Basketball League are taken in groups of 10. Players that sign up after the first 10 will be placed on a wait list until there are enough players and a coach to open an additional team. If waitlist in indicated at sign up, register online or at our office and the system will put you on the waitlist. Families will be notified once they are taken off of the wait list.
This division will play in Northampton only.
We are planning for separate boys and girls divisions. If numbers don’t allow for that, it will be coed.
This division will play Saturdays and possibly 1 weeknight.
The players will work on their skills and basketball knowledge through drills and games to improve their game.
Players will be broken up into teams as the season progresses to play games..
- Registration online and form (PDF) available week of September 24
- Players use a junior sized basketball (27.5) and a 10 foot hoop.
- Click here for online registration
- Registration form (PDF)
- Season Schedule
Evaluation PreSeason Practice Schedule
Coaches and assistant coaches are needed each year for our teams. The basketball league has about 28 teams each year, and it wouldn't be successful without the dedication, knowledge and time given to the program by all our amazing volunteers.
If you are interested in coaching, please indicate it on the space provided on your players form. If you do not have a player in the league or would like to contact us to coach, please send us an email.