Baseball - Tee Ball
Lil' Sluggers Tee Ball Baseball
Lil Sluggers Tee Ball baseball is for player ages 4-6 and serves as an introduction to the games of baseball and softball in a fun and active environment. Northampton Parks & Recreation Department recognizes that T-ball is often a family’s first experience with baseball.
For: Ages 4,5 and 6 (must be 4 as of August 31,2018)
Dates: Saturdays, April 28-June 16 (no program May 26)
7 sessions, makeup days added if needed
Time: 9-10:15 a.m. or 10:30-11:45 a.m. (may vary each week)
Location: Look Park Baseball Diamonds
Fee: $TBA before March 30, $TBA after. (non-residents add $10)
- Look Park season pass required or pay daily Park entry fee. We offer a Look Park/Northampton Parks & Rec. Sports Only Pass for $TBA for the baseball program, available in person at Parks & Rec. Dept. only
- When available: Download registration form (PDF).
- Go to online registration page. (link will be posted when ready)
- Parents will receive a call from a coach by April 25 for team and time information. (the coaches meeting is Tuesday night, April 23)
- Players will learn foundational skills of baseball/softball such as batting, catching, throwing and fielding for gains in both experience and confidence. Players are coached by volunteer parents who are trained by Northampton Parks & Recreation.
- Players can expect to hit from a Tee throughout the season, but as the season progresses, coaches are given the option to introduce coach pitch to players who are ready to hit in this fashion.
- The emphasis is on children receiving skill development thru a positive instruction, equal participation and the value of teamwork and most importantly having fun.
- All players/teams participate each Saturday morning for a seven week season beginning the last Saturday of April at Look Park.