Northampton COVID-19 Specific Ordinances
- In Northampton, you must wear a face coveringif entering any place other than a private residence.
- Allowances have been made for removal of face coverings while eating, drinking or smoking (where allowed) in outdoor public places.
- All persons shall wear a face covering at all times while in the following public places:
- Any place within the Central and General Business Districts as designated under the Northampton Zoning Ordinance.
- Within any and all parks and recreation areas that have been opened to the public.
- On any bike path or multipurpose trail, including but not limited to the MassCentral Rail Trail (Norwottuck section), Rocky Hill Trail, and the New Haven and Northampton Canal Rail Trail (Manhan section).
Any other public place within the City where one cannot reasonably expect to maintain at least six feet of distance from all other persons at all times.
All Northampton COVID-19 Orders
- AMENDED: COVID-19 Mandatory Policies and Procedures for all Farmers’ Markets in Northampton - April 1, 2021 (PDF)
- Northampton Board of Health Issues Amended Order Maintaining Limits on Performance Venues, Event Venues and Gatherings - April 1, 2021 (PDF)
- Northampton Health Department Lifts Sports Restrictions - February 28, 2021 (PDF)
- Order Prohibiting Self Service of Food and Beverages - March 28, 2020 (PDF)
- THIS ORDER HAS BEEN AMENDED TO EXCLUDE HAIRDRESSERS AND BARBERS - Emergency Order Regarding Operation of Certain Businesses in the City of Northampton - March 23, 2020 (PDF)
Massachusetts Info & Updates
- Text COVIDMAESP to 888-777 for Spanish alerts
- Governor’s Office Press Releases
- Governor’s response to COVID-19 (preparedness, updates, etc.)
COVID-19 Trend Areas
Live interactive map, found here!
Testing Site Locator
To find COVID-19 testing sites near you, please use the testing site locator, found here!
COVID Safe Practices Concern Form
- Please complete the COVID Safe Practices Concern Form if you'd like to report possible concerns about non-compliance with the Commonwealth’s travel advisory quarantine, face covering, gathering, or other public health rules.
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention - Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- World Health Organization - Coronavirus (COVID-19) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>