Parks & Rec Coronavirus Updates
March 16, 2020 - updated 4:00pm
- Effective Immediately, Mayor David Narkewicz has declared a local state of emergency for the City of Northampton in response to the ongoing outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19). Click here for website and announcement
- City of Northampton Municipal Buildings are closed to the public. Tentative date to re-open is April 7.
- All Parks & Recreation programs are suspended until at least April 7, 2020.
- There are no staff present in the office to return phone calls or meet with customers.
- The office is closed to the public, but email is available. Staff is working from home as they can.
- Email general questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply as soon as possible.
- Parks & Rec Director Ann-Marie Moggio can be reached at email@example.com, and Assistant Director Shelby Michna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upon return, staff will be emailing current participants regarding plans for refunds and/or extension of programs.
Our online registrations are continuing for summer camps and spring programs. Please visit the program pages for more information.
- Community Garden new gardener registration is postponed. More will be posted on the page in the future.
- Once we re-open, refunds will be processed or credits will be applied to your account for any cancelled programs, rentals, and events. We will also evaluate memberships and based on the length of closure determine the manner in which to compensate members.
- Our website has some links for local hiking and biking trails to enjoy during social distancing.
Again, we thank you for your patience as we navigate this unprecedented event. Please check our website for updates, www.northamptonma.gov/