Nanci L. Forrestall
Parking Enforcement Administrator
Parking Administration is responsible for parking related matters within the City of Northampton in the following areas:
- Parking Enforcement
- The collection and adjudication of fines and fees resulting from the issuance of parking tickets
- Maintaining the Parking Ticket Payment and Parking Permit Systems
- Parking Ticket Appeal Process and Administrative Hearings
- The clearing of "marked" registrations and licenses through the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles upon payment of outstanding fines
- The filing of Abandoned Vehicle Reports in accordance with MGL Chapter 90, Section 22A and Abandoned Vehicle Hearings
- Parking Permits; Residential, Long-Term Lots and E.J. Gare Parking Garage
- Meter Bag Rental Program
Maintenance of the city's parking meters, parking lots, parking garage, on-street parking facilities, and additional responsibilities are handled by the Central Services Department.
Northampton Parking Map
Northampton City Ordinances - Vehicles and Traffic
Pay a Parking Ticket
PARKING TICKET PAYMENT & APPEAL SYSTEM
The Office accepts both fine payments and appeal requests online at: www.parkingticketpayment.com/northampton. Tickets are available on-line 24 hours after issuance. You will need the parking violation information (ticket number and vehicle registration) to complete the process. Appeal requests must be received in writing either on-line or by mail within 21 days of issuance. The Hearing Officer will review the appeal and send you a written response advising whether the fine will be waived or stand.
PARKING VIOLATION PAYMENT OPTIONS
Please Note - When paying a non-renewal parking violation you must contact the Office of the Parking Clerk at 413-587-1025 to have the violation released at the Registry of Motor Vehicles.
PARKING PERMITS - There are currently three types of permits for municipal parking within the City of Northampton.Long Term - Allows parking in long term lots and at long term parking meters. Long term meters are identified with a red top. The cost for this permit is $45 per month
Lease Holder - Allows parking in the E.J. Gare Parking Garage at a cost of $90 per month. There is currently a waiting list for this type of permit. Contact the Parking Clerk at 413-587-1025 to be added to the wait list.
Neighborhood - Currently restricted to residents of Kensington Avenue.