PARKING CLERK AND PARKING ENFORCEMENT
Nanci L. Forrestall, Parking Clerk
Parking Enforcement Administrator
The Office of the Parking Clerk is responsible for parking related matters within the City of Northampton in the following areas:
- The collection and adjudication of fines and fees resulting from the issuance of parking tickets
- Maintaining the Parking Ticket Payment and Parking Permit Systems
- Parking Ticket Appeal Process and Administrative Hearings
- The clearing of "marked" registrations and licenses through the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles upon payment of outstanding fines
- Parking Enforcement Officers
- The filing of Abandoned Vehicle Reports in accordance with MGL Chapter 90, Section 22A and Abandoned Vehicle Hearings
- Parking Permits; Residential, Long-Term Lots and E.J. Gare Parking Garage
- Meter Bag Rental Program
The Office of the Parking Clerk accepts both fine payments and appeal requests online at: www.parkingticketpayment.com/northampton. Tickets are available on-line 24 hours after issuance. You will need the parking violation information (ticket number and vehicle registration) to complete the process. Appeal requests must be received in writing either on-line or by mail within 21 days of issuance. The Hearing Officer will review the appeal and send you a written response advising whether the fine will be waived or stand.
PARKING VIOLATION PAYMENT OPTIONS
Please Note - When paying a non-renewal parking violation you must contact the Office of the Parking Clerk at 413-587-1025 to have the violation released at the Registry of Motor Vehicles.
There are currently three types of permits for municipal parking within the City of Northampton:
Long Term - Allows parking in long term lots and at long term parking meters. Long term meters are identified with a red top. The cost for this permit is $45 per month.
Lease Holder - Allows parking in the E.J. Gare Parking Garage at a cost of $90 per month. There is currently a waiting list for this type of permit.
Neighborhood - Currently restricted to residents of Kensington Avenue.
Parking Division Administration
Maintenance of the city's parking meters, parking lots, parking garage, on-street parking facilities, and additional responsibilities are handled by the Central Services Department.