Safety Village is an exciting program that introduces youngsters to everyday safety concerns and preventative procedures. Children are split into groups according to ages and discuss daily topics that include stranger danger, fire, electric, water, animal and personal safety, and much more. Safety Village features a miniature replica of Northampton complete with streets and sidewalks. Children drive bicycles through the village and walk the sidewalks to learn traffic and pedestrian safety first hand. The Northampton Lions Club came through with much of the financial support to provide this very vital part of the Safety Village Program. Children must be toilet trained in order to participate in the program.
- For: Children ages 4 to 6 years old (must turn 4 before August 31, 2017)
- Days: Monday - Friday
- Time: 8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Registration for a session must be received by Thursday, the week prior to the session you'd like to sign up for, provided there are still openings.
- Registration Form
- Safety Village Parent Information Packet
- Director Bio
Each day features a speaker on the topic of the day. The speakers include personnel from the Fire and Police Department, Cooley Dickinson Hospital, National Grid, Animal Control, and others. See Parent Information Packet above for the list of speakers throughout each session.
- Session A : June 27 - July 7 (no program 6/26 & 7/4)
- Session B: July 10 - July 21
- Session C: July 24 - August 4 Session 3 Schedule
All sessions are held at the Arcanum Field. In the case of rain or bad weather, sessions will be held at the Leeds Elementary School.
Fees A $25 non-refundable deposit is included in the camp registration fee for each session registered for.
All balances are due June 9, 2017.
|Session||Resident Fee||Non-resident Fee|
|Session A (no program 6/26 & 7/4)
|Session B and C||$165