Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Project Summary: The City of Northampton, Massachusetts is seeking a consultant to assist the City in planning for a sustainable and resilient future, and especially to ensure that we are planning for horizontal infrastructure that is climate-resilient ready. As such, this bid is exempt from Uniform Procurement Act in accordance with M.G.L. c. 30B, section (b)(32A) contracts with architects, engineers and related professionals and, as a horizontal (not vertical) planning and design project is not subject to Designer Selection M.G.L. c.7C.
The project includes four interrelated aspects:
1. Municipal Vulnerability Program for Northampton
2. Technical writing and graphics to reorganize the existing Sustainable Northampton Comprehensive Plan using the STAR Communities framework
3. Creation of a Northampton Climate Resiliency & Regeneration Plan as a new chapter in Sustainable Northampton
4. Infographics and on-line dashboard or other graphic representations of the above documents to engage the community.
We have budgeted $100,000 for this effort, but we are awarding the contract based on a fixed fee:
Municipal Vulnerability Program: $20,000 (MVP must be complete by June 2018.)
Climate Resiliency and Regeneration Plan: $70,000
Sustainable Northampton framework: $10,000
Proposals shall include (in electronic form). There is no submittal form.
1. Project understanding
2. Fee proposal
3. Consultant Scope of Services (addressing all items in this RFP)
4. Project time schedule
5. Consultant qualifications
Deadline for proposals: 10:00 AM Monday, January 22, 2018