The public health nurse provides clinical evaluation, case management, epidemiology, and health education, skills essential in helping to protect the health of Northampton.
The public health nurse's responsibilities are based on laws, regulations, and good practice. These reponsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct communicable disease investigation, surveillance and control
- Oversee the Tuberculosis Program
- Provide means for vaccinations directed by the immunization schedule and guidelines
- Organize and conduct immunization clinics for influenza
- Provide education and consultation to individuals, health care providers, and other agencies
The Northampton Public Health Nurse is a 20 hour / week position. Services for vaccination and TB skin testing are provided by appointment and can be scheduled by calling Jennifer Brown, RN directly at: