AD-HOC FLORENCE COMMUNITY CENTER RE-USE COMMITTEE
BID OPENING: Mon. 5/20 @ 2 pm in City Hall 2nd floor Hearing Room
Request for Proposals - proposals due 5/20/13 at 2 pm
Contact Director of Central Services, David Pomerantz, 587-1260 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Committee Votes to Surplus Building
The Ad Hoc Florence Community Center Re-Use Committee recommends that the Property at 140 Pine Street be declared surplus to City needs by the City Council and that the Mayor, in consultation with the Finance Committee, be authorized to sell the property in accordance with State procurement laws.
Passed unanimously, 3/26/13
- Mayor David J. Narkewicz
- City Council President William Dwight, Finance Committee
- Ward 5 City Councilor David Murphy, Finance Committee Chair
- Ward 6 City Councilor Marianne LaBarge, Finance Committee
- Ward 7 City Councilor Eugene Tacy, Finance Committee
- Douglas Loux, Florence Congregational Church
- Tom Smith, Florence Civic & Business Association
- Maureen Scanlon, communications professional with an office in Florence
- Rich Cooper, State Street Fruit Store, Deli, Wines & Spirits & Cooper's Corner
Mission of this Ad-Hoc Committee
The Florence Community Center, formerly the Florence Grammar School, was voted as surplus by the School Committee. Ownership of the building reverted to the City.
The Florence Community Center Re-Use Committee will make a recommendation to Mayor David Narkewicz on whether to surplus and sell the building or suggest another City use for it.