- 5:30 p.m. second and fourth Thursday of each month (generally)
- City Hall
Hearing Room (second floor)
210 Main Street
Northampton, MA 01060
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Serve as the conservation conscience of the city, providing community leadership for natural resources protection and planning. By coordinating closely with city agencies, boards, and commissions related to city development, the Conservation Commission works to protect and enhance plant and wildlife habitat to maintain the natural resources and preserve the quality of life for inhabitants of Northampton. The Conservation Commission also strives to keep informed of advances in environmental protection and of the activities of neighboring Conservation Commissions to maintain current and regional perspectives on environmental matters.
About the Commission
The Conservation Commission is charged with acquiring and managing open space, and encouraging and monitoring conservation and agricultural preservation restrictions. The Conservation Commission oversees more than 2,500 acres of open space.
- Open Space, Recreation, and Multi-Use Trail Plan (PDF)
- Open Space Land Use Regulations (PDF)
- The Conservation Commission administers the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act (PDF)
- The Commission also administers the Northampton Wetlands Ordinance
- Open Space, Recreation, Multiuse Trails, and Agriculture activities of the city
- Conservation area walking trail maps