2022-23 Boys basketball Grades 7&8
NOTE THIS IS 2022 INFORMATION. THIS SEASON WILL BE POSTED AT THE END OF SEPTEMBER.
WE NEED COACHES - JOIN THE FUN!!
This program is heavily dependent on volunteer coaches. If you or someone you know is interested in coaching in one of the divisions this season, please email Brooke at email@example.com with the coaches name, phone number, email address and division they are looking to coach.
Many divisions still need coaches, and won't be able to run otherwise. Additional spaces in a division may be added if there are enough folks on a waitlist AND enough coaches.
Quabbin Valley Basketball League
Teams in this division will travel to towns such as South Hadley, Belchertown, Ludlow, Chicopee, Granby and others. Players MUST attend player evaluations (schedule below) to participate in this league. Team practices will begin the week after Thanksgiving and are typically held twice a week. Teams will play 10-12 games during the season and games will be held January through early-mid March. Grades 3&4 teams will participate in a jamboree at the end of the season.
- For: Boys in grades 7&8
- Schedule: Weeknights and Weekends with details TBD, may vary
Evaluations/preseason practices are in mid-November (see below)
- Location: Various Gyms in the City; Away games in other league towns
- Fee: $160.00 ($170.00 non-residents)
Financial assistance is available for those who qualify, please contact us for information.
Click here to register online.
Click here for the flyer & registration form.
- Residents of Northampton, Florence, Leeds have priority until October 13. Non-residents registering after that date must attend school in Northampton, or must not have a Quabbin League team in their town of residence. Non-resident registration begins October 14 at 10:00 AM.
- Players use standard sized basketballs (29.5") and play on a 10 foot basketball hoop.
- Registrations for the Quabbin Basketball League are taken in groups of 10. Players that sign up after the first 10 will be placed on a wait list until there are enough players and a coach to open an additional team. If waitlist is indicated when registering, register online, in person or via phone to be added to the waitlist. Families will be notified once they are taken off the waitlist.
Evaluation Schedule - Quabbin Valley Basketball League
- Participants must be registered for the program to attend Evaluation Sessions. Participants must attend least 2 of the 3 pre-season evaluation sessions for their age-group. We encourage the players to come to as many evaluations as they can. These evaluations are held so we can create as even of teams as possible.
- Click here (updated) for our Quabbin Valley Basketball League Evaluation Schedule.
Coaches and assistant coaches are needed each year for our teams. The basketball league has about 28 teams each year, and it wouldn't be successful without the dedication, knowledge and time given to the program by all of our amazing volunteers.
If you are interested in coaching, please indicate so when registering your child or contact us. If you do not have a player in the league or would like to contact us to coach, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.