Updates for the 2020 Season
The spring Lil’ Sluggers league will have a postponed start date due to the outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Please email John Knowles (email@example.com) if you have any questions. Updates will be sent to parents and guardians as soon as possible.
Lil’ Sluggers Tee Ball Baseball
Lil Sluggers Tee Ball baseball is for player ages 4-6 and serves as an introduction to the games of baseball and softball in a fun and active environment. Northampton Parks & Recreation Department recognizes that T-ball is often a family’s first experience with baseball.
For: Ages 4,5 and 6 (must be 4 as of August 31,2020)
Dates: Saturdays, April 25-June 13, 7 sessions, make up June 20 if needed.
No program May 23
Time: 9-10:15 a.m. or 10:30-11:45 a.m. (may vary each week)
Location: Finn Ryan Rd. School fields
Fee: $50 before March 30, $55 after. (non-residents add $10)
- Download registration form (PDF)
- Go to online registration page
- Parents will receive a call from a coach by April 23 for team and time information. (the coaches meeting is Tuesday night, April 21)
- Players will learn fundamental skills of baseball/softball such as batting, catching, throwing and fielding for gains in both experience and confidence. Players are coached by volunteer parents who are trained by Northampton Parks & Recreation.
- Players can expect to hit from a Tee throughout the season, but as the season progresses, coaches are given the option to introduce coach pitch to players who are ready to hit in this fashion.
- The emphasis is on children receiving skill development thru a positive instruction, equal participation and the value of teamwork and most importantly having fun.
- All players/teams participate each Saturday morning for a seven week season beginning the last Saturday of April at Finn Ryan Rd. School.