- Parks & Recreation
- Youth Programs
- Lil' Sluggers T-Ball Baseball
Lil' Sluggers T-Ball Baseball
2023 Program information
Players learn teamwork, cooperation, build self-confidence and esteem, exercise and have fun! Lil' Sluggers T-Bal Baseball is for youth ages 4-6 years old and serves as an introduction to the sports of baseball and softball in a fun and active environment. The Northampton Parks & Recreation Department recognizes that this is often a family’s first experience into the world of organized sports and strives to make a rewarding experience. Click here to view the flyer.
For: Ages 4-6 (must be 4 as of August 31,2023)
Dates: Saturdays, April 29 - June 17 (makeup June 24, if needed)
No program on 5/27 - Memorial Day Weekend
Time: 9:00 - 10:15 AM and/or 10:30 - 11:45 AM
Location: R. K. Finn Ryan Road Elementary School Fields
Fee: $50.00 ($60.00 non-residents) - Includes a team t-shirt and hat!
- Players will need to bring their own glove and wear sneakers or cleats. Helmets are required to be worn when batting. Helmets will be available for shared use at the fields. Participants should bring their own helmet if they do not wish to share. Helmets are not available to rent this season.
- Players will learn fundamental skills of baseball/softball such as batting, catching, throwing, running bases and fielding for growth in both experience and confidence. Players are coached by volunteer parents who are trained by Northampton Parks & Recreation and the National Alliance for Youth Sports (NAYS).
- Players can expect to hit from a tee throughout the season However, as the season progresses, coaches are given the option to introduce coach pitch to players who are ready to hit in this fashion.
- The emphasis for this program is on children receiving skill development through positive instruction, equal participation, teamwork and fun!mpty heading
Empty headinalkdjEmpty heading
Click here to register online.
Click here to print the paper registration form.
- Click here to view the season schedule, updated 5/1/2023.
Please note that if there are any changes to the schedule due to a cancellation, we will update the above link.
Memorial Day Parade
Each year, some of our Lil' Sluggers T-Ball Baseball participants, coaches and parents will take part in the annual Florence Memorial Day Parade. This parade is organized by the Northampton Veterans' Services to honor those who died in military service to the United States during peace and war. The parade runs through the center of Florence and ends on Park Street. All participants, coaches and parents are welcome to walk in the parade with us this season.
- Players should wear their team t-shirt and hat and coaches should wear their coaches shirts.
- Players must be accompanied by an adult during the parade. The route typically takes 30-45 minutes to complete.
- Strollers and wagons are allowed if needed to walk the parade route.
Is your Lil' Slugger participating in the parade this year? Please respond here.