Farm Winery License to sell at Farmers Markets and Agricultural Events
The Northampton License Commission may issue to an applicant authorized to operate a farmer-winery under MGL Ch. 138 §19B, a special license (§15F) for the sale of wine produced by or for the licensee in sealed containers for off-premise consumption at an indoor or outdoor agricultural event.
- Written approval from a Farmers Market/Agricultural Event at which you have been accepted as a vendor
- Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources (MDAR) approval of an Agricultural Event Certification for Wine Sales
- Applicants must demonstrate that the products sold under this license are primarily made locally
- The approved Farm Winery License is valid at one event only
- An event with multiple dates/times is considered one event (example: The Saturday Northampton farmers market). Separate applications must be submitted annually for each event.
- Farm Winery License Application (PDF)
- $50 application fee
Farm Winery Licenses are governed by:
If you have any questions, please contact the License Commission office at 413-587-1212 or by email.