Girls Youth Lacrosse
This is a great program for both new and experienced players! Teams play games against teams from surrounding towns. There will also be tournaments that each team will participate in if it is allowed by the end of the season.
For: Girls grades 3-8
Divisions: Bantams - Grade 3&4, Juniors - Grades 5&6, Seniors - Grades 7&8
Dates: Mid April-Late June
Days: Practices on weeknights with most games on weekends (roughly 3 activities per week)
Location: Various City Fields
Cost: $160 for residents (non-residents add $10)
- Returning players have priority registration through Monday, March 8 at 12:00pm
- Northampton residents and students that attend Northampton schools through school choice have priority registration.
- If the program says it is full you should still add your player to the waiting list. We will try to fit everyone into the program.
- Scholarships are available to Northampton residents that meet the requirements. Email email@example.com for more information.
Click here for registration from (PDF)
Click here for online registration
- These guidelines are set by following the direction of the State's Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs.
- Guidelines may change before or during the program depending on State and local guidance.
- Players, spectators, and volunteers will need to wear a mask at all times.
- No benches or bleachers will be available at the field. Families should bring their own seating to the program.
- Social distancing should be followed by all spectators.
- Spectators will be limited to two adults and the siblings for each player.
- If transporting people in your car outside of your family to or from the program you should follow state guidelines and wear a facemask.
- Parents and guardians will be asked to self certify that their child or anyone attending the program has not shown any signs of COVID-19. A self certification sheet will be sent out closer to the start of the program.
- Players will need their own equipment.
- Shared equipment will be sanitized between uses.
- All players will have to check in to each practice and game to allow for contract tracing if necessary.
The mission of NYGL is to increase participation in the game of Lacrosse by providing a safe and enjoyable learning environment for girls to play; to strengthen local athletic programs through early player identification and encouragement; and, to contribute to the growth and development of healthy, well-rounded young women.
We are looking for parent volunteers that will help the players follow the guidelines surrounding Covid-19. This will include encouraging social distancing, asking screening questions upon arrival, and helping to set up the drills.
Please direct all questions about the NGYL program to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 413-587-1040.