Friends of Northampton Senior Center and Donations
Friends of the Northampton Senior Center
Contributions to Friends of Northampton Senior Center, Inc. (FNSC)
The Friends group advocates, supports and promotes the best interests of older adults in collaboration with the Northampton Council on Aging, the Northampton Senior Services Department and the Northampton Senior Center so that services, activities, and facilities may benefit those aged sixty (60) and over to the greatest extent possible. We are fully tax deductible.
Our fundraising and financial support provides an ability to purchase goods, products, or services to better serve our older population when city budgets are not able to because of fiscal constraints or municipal finance law that restricts use of tax dollars for a particular purpose.
Questions or suggestions you can email us at email@example.com
NEW! MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM
Friends of Northampton Senior Center is launching a new way to support the joy of gathering and participating in the activities and events at our Senior Center.
The Friends group advocates, supports and promotes the best interests of older adults so that services, activities, and facilities may benefit those aged sixty (60) and over to the greatest extent possible.
Our fundraising and financial support provides an ability to purchase goods, products, or enhance services and programs to better serve our older population when city budgets are not able to.
FLORENCE BANK CUSTOMER CHOICE COMMUNITY GRANTS
This program is an annual one that allows Florence Bank’s customers to vote for their favorite local non-profit to receive a share of the $100,000 the bank donates to local organizations. If we receive 50 or more votes the Friends will receive a proportional share of the funds. You may obtain voting forms at any bank branch or at the Senior Center. Voting is January through December of any year with grants being awarded the following February or March. Please vote for FNSC, Inc. You may also vote on-line for Friends of Northampton Senior Center at https://www.florencebank.com/
Monetary Donations directly to the Northampton Senior Center
Ways your contribution can make a difference
Northampton Senior Center gladly accepts financial donations to help support its mission and efforts to serve older adults. Contributions help to provide for needs which are not funded by city or state funds and allow us to provide programs, entertainment, as well as offer financial aid to low-income older adults for fee-based programs and services.
- Programs Support Fund - Your contribution helps to provide programs to reduce isolation, provide education, recreation and transportation services for older adults.
- Financial Aid Fund - Your contribution helps to provide low-income older adults with discounted rates on fees for meals, health clinics, farm shares, fitness classes and transportation.
- Chronicle Fund - Your contributions help to provide this free monthly publication to all residents over 60 in Northampton, Leeds, and Florence.
How to make your contribution
- Donations to the Senior Center should be accompanied by a letter indicating the purpose for which they are made. Please also write this in the memo line of the check. Note: if a specific purpose is not indicated the funds will go into the General Gift Account which is used for various needs. Checks should be made out to Northampton Senior Services and mailed to 67 Conz St., Northampton, MA 01060.
- Donations can also be made through the following "Donation Button" found below:
Please consider remembering the Northampton Senior Center in your will. All it takes is a quick phone call to your lawyer to add a charitable gift to your will.
Item Donations (Other items, medical equipment, etc.)
Please call the Director or Assistant Director so that a determination of need/appropriateness can be made before acceptance of item donations.
- LIST OF ACCEPTED DONATIONS (PDF) at the Northampton Senior Center
All persons contributing acceptable items will be asked to complete a donation form listing their name, address, a description of the item(s), and estimated value for tax purposes. A letter will be returned to the donor as a receipt.
All donated items accepted become the property of the Senior Center. Personal use of donated items by staff, NCOA members, volunteers, or Center patrons is not permitted.