- Boards & Committees
- A - M
- Energy & Sustainability Commission
Energy & Sustainability Commission
- Meetings are generally held on the fourth Thursday of every month
- Meetings are virtual, until further notice
- A link to join the meeting is included in the meeting agenda
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda (pdf) | View All Agendas and Minutes | Video of Last Meeting
- Carolyn Misch, Director, Planning and Sustainability, Chair
- Pat McCarthy, Director, Central Services, Vice Chair
- Jonathan Flagg, Building Commissioner
- Richard Parasiliti, Department of Public Works Designee
- Tim Smith, Smith Vocational and Agricultural High School
- Marissa Elkins, City Councilor @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Rachel Maiore, City Councilor
- Chris Mason, City Staff, Ex-officio, non voting
- Gordon Meadows, Term expires June 2022
- Benjamin Weil, Term expires June 2024
- Victoria McGarill, Term expires June 2025
- VACANCY @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
About the Commission
On June 19 2008, the City Council enacted the Energy and Sustainability Commission to:
"... assist and ensure that the city identify, develop, implement, and manage programs and policies that achieve high levels of energy efficiency and energy resource sustainability and guard against effects of energy resource disruption / depletion and climate change in all of Northampton’s public and private sectors consistent with the goals of the Sustainable Northampton plan, the city’s climate change protection commitments, and other city plans / goals."
- Pollinator Habitat Subcommittee
Interest in Serving as a Member?
Please visit Northampton's Boards & Committees website if you are interested in serving on the commission or contact the Energy and Sustainability Officer or the Mayor's Office.