Energy & Sustainability Commission
- The next meeting will be on December 16, 2021 from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Meetings are generally held on the fourth Thursday of every month
- Meetings are virtual, until further notice
- A link to join the meeting is included in the meeting agenda
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Wayne Feiden, Director, Planning and Sustainability, Chair
- David Pomerantz, Director, Central Services, Vice Chair
- Jonathan Flagg, Building Commissioner
- Richard Parasiliti, Department of Public Works Designee
- Tim Smith, Smith Vocational and Agricultural High School
- Marissa Elkins, City Councilor @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Rachel Maiore, City Councilor
- Ashley Mushpratt, Term expires June 2024
- Benjamin Weil, Term expires June 2024
- Gordon Meadows, Term expires June 2022
- Chris Mason, City Staff, Ex-officio, non voting
- VACANCY (1) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
About the Board
On June 19 2008, the City Council enacted the Energy and Sustainability Commission to:
"... assist and ensure that the city identify, develop, implement, and manage programs and policies that achieve high levels of energy efficiency and energy resource sustainability and guard against effects of energy resource disruption / depletion and climate change in all of Northampton’s public and private sectors consistent with the goals of the Sustainable Northampton plan, the city’s climate change protection commitments, and other city plans / goals."
Interest in Serving as a Member?
Please visit Northampton's Boards & Committees website if you are interested in serving on the commission or contact the Energy and Sustainability Officer or the Mayor's Office.