Basketball COVID Policies
Due to the current rise in COVID-19 cases and in alignment with the CDC and Northampton Board of Health, the Northampton Parks and Recreation Department has implemented the following updates for all basketball games/programs held at JFK Middle School and Smith Vocational High School.
Updated January 6, 2022
- Limit of two (2) spectators per player will be allowed in the building/gym. Please be prepared to give the player’s name you are there to see at the door.
- Please practice social distancing from those outside of your household while in the stands. We ask that spectators do not stand in the entryway and instead find a seat right away.
- Masks are required to be worn at all times while in the buildings regardless of vaccination status. This includes all spectators, players, coaches, officials and staff.
- If you or anyone in your household does not feel well for any reason, or has been exposed to COVID, please stay home.
- Detailed quarantine and isolation guidelines: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/what-to-do-if-you-have-covid-19-or-have-been-exposed-to-covid-19
- Find a testing site here: https://northamptonma.gov/2392/Local-Testing-Sites
- Please exit the gym/building as soon as the game you are attending is over.
- Do not arrive more than 15 minutes before the scheduled start of the game you are attending.
- Spectators are not allowed any food or drinks in the gym. NO food or drinks are allowed in the gyms, except for players.
We apologize for any inconvenience.. The health and safety of our community is of the utmost importance to us. We ask that you do your part when attending any basketball games/programs.
Thank you for your understanding and compliance.