Rules, Regulations & Advisories
- Rules & Regulations of the Northampton License Commission (PDF) - Updated October 9, 2019
- Extracts of Law, Rules & Regulations (PDF) governing licenses for the sale of alcoholic beverages to be drunk on the premises as authorized by Massachusetts General Laws, Ch. 138 § 12
- License Commission 2 a.m. closing rules (PDF) - These rules govern the 2 a.m. closing time that has been provided to establishments after approval by the License Commission.
- Fair Wage Compliance Certificate (PDF) - The Northampton License Commission, when issuing a new license or a renewal, requires certification of compliance with wage and hour laws. Each licensee must certify that they are not subject to a federal or state criminal or civil judgment, administrative citation or final administrative determination resulting from a violation of MGL Ch. 149, Ch. 151, or the Fair Labor Standards Act. Any licensee who does not certify to the above will be required to provide a wage bond prior to issuance of said license.
- Happy Hour Regulations (PDF) per order of the Liquor Control Act and the Alcoholic Beverages Control Commission (ABCC)
- NEW 12/23/19: The City of Northampton voted to adopt MGL Ch. 138 §12, allowing a common victualler, who holds a wine and malt beverages license under section 12, to, upon written approval, also sell liqueurs and cordials. Any establishment seeking to serve liqueurs and cordials is required to obtain a permit which must be granted by the Local Licensing Authority and the Alcohol Beverages Control Commission.
- To apply for a liqueurs and cordials permit, complete a Change of Category application and submit it to the License Commission.
@(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- 2020 Legal Holidays & Dates of Observance (PDF)
- 2019 Legal Holidays & Dates of Observance (PDF)
- Cannabis in Alcoholic Beverages - March 2018 (PDF)
- Powdered Alcohol - March 2016 (PDF)
- Patio and Outdoor Areas - Aug. 2015 (PDF)
- Sampling of Alcoholic Beverages with a Farmer Series Pouring Permit - Dec. 2013 (PDF)
Please find a list of all ABCC advisories, here.