- City Clerk
- Dog Licenses
REQUIREMENTS (M.G.L. Ch. 140, s 137, 139)
- All dogs six months old or over are required to be licensed by April 1.
- A valid current rabies certificate must be provided to receive a license. If applicable, proof of spaying or neutering must also be provided in writing from a veterinarian.
FEES FOR THE CURRENT LICENSE YEAR
- Neutered or Spayed Dog - $10
- Unneutered or Unspayed Dog - $20
- Fee will be waived for dog owners aged 70 and over; owner must provide proof of age.
- Administrative late fee of $20. per dog is required after May 1st, or if your pet was unlicensed in the previous year. Proof of licensing in another Massachusetts community in order to avoid the late fee (does not apply to pets new to Northampton).
LICENSE OR RENEW BY MAIL
By Mail Instructions:
Please include in your envelope:
City Clerk’s Office
LICENSE OR RENEW ONLINE
Be sure you have all appropriate information about your pet before you pay!
Bank service fees apply for using this method.
LICENSE OR RENEW IN PERSON
Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
In Person instructions:
Please bring in person:
CHANGE IN OWNERSHIP
If you no longer own your dog, or have any questions, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at (413) 587-1224 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.