This introductory program will teach basketball skills for children Pre-K aged 4-5.
The objective of the program is to aid parents who want to help their child to develop basic basketball skills, such as shooting, dribbling, defense, and agility that are needed to participate in organized basketball.
This Division is designed to teach parents & children the fundamentals of the sport while building the participants confidence.
This cooperative program is open to children and parents/guardians who are able to attend six one hour sessions together.
Registration includes one parent/guardian and one child. Registration is open until the division is full.
COACHES are needed to lead a group of approximately 12 players and the accompanying adults. It's really a lot of fun!! We provide skill and playing outlines for each week. Indicate you'd like to help when registering, or email us at email@example.com.
If the division is full, add your child to the waitlist. If we get enough coaches and gym time, we may be able to add more teams.
- For: Parents and Children, 4-5 yr old boys and girls in pre-school (must be four by December 31, 2022)
- Day: Saturdays **(first session in on Sunday, Jan.8)
- Dates: January 8 - February 11, make up Feb. 25 if needed (six sessions)
- Time: 9:00 - 10:00am
- Fee: $50 (non-residents add $10)
- Financial assistance is available, contact us for info
- Location: Smith Vocational High
- Limit 12 parent / child registrations, more may be added if coaches are secured
- A smaller adjustable hoop is used for this program that can be set between 3 and 6 feet depending on the players ability.
- Click here for online registration
- Registrations begin Friday, Oct. 7 at 9:00am