- Sustainable Northampton Comprehensive Plan (2008-2028) (PDF)- The city's comprehensive plan, built around a sustainability theme.
- Sustainable Northampton Comprehensive Plan PROPOSED EDITS-2021- non-substantive changes to merge the four elements of Northampton's comprehensive plan into one document to make it more accessible to the public 1. Sustainable Northampton, 2. Climate Resilience and Regeneration Plan, 3. Bicycle and Pedestrian Comprehensive Plan, and 4. Open Space, Recreation, and Multiuse Plan.
- Sustainable Northampton Comprehensive Plan (2021)- if adopted as a clean version of the non-substantive changes- this version is design to allow greater engagement in 2022 when we add a heritage/historical element to the plan.
- Northampton Hazard Mitigation Plan (2020-2025) (PDF)- planning to mitigate against natural hazards (e.g., flooding, extreme weather events), including increases in storm and extreme weather events as a result of climate change. (Northampton's regulated floodplain is those areas with a 0.2% chance of flooding in any given year, the 500 year floodplain, as a surrogate for climate change.
- Housing Needs Analysis and Strategic Housing Plan (2011) (PDF)
- Open Space, Recreation, and Multi-Use Trail Plan (2018-2025) (PDF)
- Our Next Future: An Action Plan for Building a Smart, Sustainable and Resilient Pioneer Valley (PVPC-regional plan, endorsed Northampton Planning Board and Energy and Sustainability Commission (both 2014)
- Older and historic plans are available in the Public File Cabinet