Join ValleyBike, our electric-assist bike share program! Visit the ValleyBike for details on the system and how to join.
- Equity: providing affordability mobility and extends the range of transit, serving all populations, including traditionally underserved frontline communities, and promoting healthy, active living.
- Climate and Environment: replaces single occupancy vehicle trips, provides green transportation and reduces greenhouse gas emissions
- Economy: Keeps more mobility spending local, lowers the cost per person- miles traveled, and promotes more livable communities in our urban core and commercial areas
ValleyBike is made possible by:
- The City of Northampton, through Planning & Sustainability: As the lead community, responsible for grants, contracts, and multi-community administration.
- Amherst, Easthampton, Holyoke, Northampton, South Hadley, and UMass: Responsible for station locations and ownership of equipment within their communities.
- Pioneer Valley Planning Commission: Coordinated the pre-launch planning, and, through the Unified Work Program, the annual reporting and obtaining grants for subsidized riders for frontline communities (low income and global majority communities)
- MassDOT, Federal Highway, and Pioneer Valley Metropolitan Planning Organization: Provides capital funding, in two funding cycles, for capital equipment.
- Northampton ValleyBike station sponsors: New England Treatment Access (NETA), Cooley Dickinson Health Care, Florence Bank, and Smith College; https://greengasmovement.org/, which helps underwrite local costs.
- Bewegen, the system vendor which provided their own substantial investment in the capital system.
We have more sponsorship opportunities. If interested, email Wayne Feiden.
ValleyBike contracts and agreements are available for public review