Join ValleyBike, our electric-assist bike share program! Visit the ValleyBike for details on the system and how to join.
- Equity: providing affordability mobility and extends the range of transit, serving all populations, including traditionally underserved frontline communities, and promoting healthy, active living.
- Climate and Environment: replaces single occupancy vehicle trips, provides green transportation and reduces greenhouse gas emissions
- Economy: Keeps more mobility spending local, lowers the cost per person- miles traveled, and promotes more livable communities in our urban core and commercial areas
ValleyBike is made possible by:
- The City of Northampton, through Planning & Sustainability: As the lead community, responsible for grants, contracts, and multi-community administration.
- Amherst, Easthampton, Holyoke, Northampton, South Hadley, and UMass: Responsible for station locations and ownership of equipment within their communities.
- Pioneer Valley Planning Commission: Coordinated the pre-launch planning, and, through the Unified Work Program, the annual reporting and obtaining grants for subsidized riders for frontline communities (low income and global majority communities)
- MassDOT, Federal Highway, and Pioneer Valley Metropolitan Planning Organization: Provides capital funding, in two funding cycles, for capital equipment.
- Northampton ValleyBike station sponsors: New England Treatment Access (NETA), Cooley Dickinson Health Care, Florence Bank, and Smith College; https://greengasmovement.org/, which helps underwrite local costs.
- Bewegen, the system vendor which provided their own substantial investment in the capital system.
We have more sponsorship opportunities. If interested, email Wayne Feiden.